The City of Durham Parish Council is delighted to be able to re-open applications for grant funding to local community and voluntary organisations for this financial year.
This follows the first round of funding earlier this year which resulted in an underspend of £2,456.00 from an agreed total fund of £20,000.
The funding window will be open until mid-November 2021. To apply for funding, please use the following grant application form: Grant application form 2021-22
Full details of the Parish Council’s grant award policy can also be found here: City of Durham Parish Council Grants Policy
Earlier this year, the Parish Council was delighted to support organisations such as St. Cuthbert’s Hospice, Harbour, Boccia Durham, Durham Hospital Radio and many more organisations who work tirelessly to support the most vulnerable and to make Durham the wonderful place we love.
The City of Durham Parish Council is committed to providing assistance and support to local community organisations which are set up to promote community life for our residents. The Council’s financial support is provided by way of grants, which are decided against criteria set by the Parish Council.
In order for the Council to be able to assess each application objectively, it is necessary to assess all applications received against a range of criteria.
• The project to be funded meets the aims and objectives of the Parish Council.
• Assistance will be given on the basis of need, merit and contribution to the local community.
• Applicants must clearly show how any assistance given will benefit the people living in the Parish or will benefit the environment of our Parish.
• Any assistance given will be subject to on-going monitoring and subsequent evaluation of the outcome of the grant.
• Organisations should not make a presumption that funding will continue on a year to year basis.
The Aims of the Council’s Grant Policy
The City of Durham Parish Council provides grant funding to support the following aims:
• To enable local people to participate in voluntary groups and activities.
• To help the parishes’ voluntary groups to improve their effectiveness.
• To ensure the provision of services, needed by the residents, via the voluntary sector.
• To support organisations which meet the needs of people experiencing social and economic difficulties.
• To ensure that there is equality of access and opportunity for all parishioners of City of Durham to the services it provides and funds.
• To improve or enhance the local environment.
• To give local people a role in spending Parish funds and achieving value for money.
In order to ensure that the Parish Council is able to support as many local groups and organisations as possible, this funding is not available to groups who have already received grant funding this financial year. The next funding window will reopen in April 2022.