Job title: Community Projects Officer
The City of Durham Parish Council is advertising a rewarding and outward facing part time role helping manage a diverse range of its community projects.
Location: Must be able to work from the Parish Council’s office in Durham City.
Day/Times: This role is for 16 hours per week. Candidates must be flexible as additional hours are needed at busy times and also when deputising for the Parish Clerk. There are some meetings in the evening.
Salary: SCP 11 (£21,748) pro rata.
Role:The City of Durham Parish Council is a relatively new, ambitious, proactive council with six committees delivering a wide range of projects and events, chiefly focused on business, the environment and community wellbeing. The successful candidate will work with the Parish Clerk on these and other administrative and financial tasks.
Reporting To: City of Durham Parish Clerk as line manager who will report to the Chair and the Parish Council.
Duties required as part of this role:
• To help manage community projects within the City of Durham parish area, as directed by the Council.
• Identify, develop and write grant applications for Council projects/initiatives.
• To work with the Parish Clerk and Councillors to review community initiatives, to maximise community engagement and involvement.
• To assist with the organisation and management of events and attend these as required.
• To be involved in updating and developing the Parish Council website and to be involved in the production of the Parish Council newsletter.
• To assist the Parish Clerk with the smooth running of the Parish Council’s administration.
• To assist in accurate record keeping and administration.
• To ensure the Council’s policies, health and safety and risk assessments are observed. This includes adhering to GDPR legislation.
• To undertake such other duties as may be required from time to time commensurate to level of the post.
• To attend meetings, including some in the evening, and make reports as required.
The person must be able to attend meetings as required by the Parish Clerk and some meetings will be in the evening.
The post is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory references.
The person must be reliable, capable of working on their own initiative with minimal supervision.
Good general education
Pleasant face to face communication and telephone manner
Computer literate with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, the internet.
Some relevant experience in the various roles would be desirable
Flexible attitude to work and able to multi-task
Collaborative working style with a pro-active and innovative approach to work
To apply for this role, please send a copy of your CV and a covering statement to the Clerk of the Parish Council Adam Shanley via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than the 19th November 2021