This accessibility statement applies to City of Durham Parish Council.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
The current version of this website was launched in 2016, but some individual elements of it may not have been updated since then.
How accessible the site is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible.
- PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
- Some of the link text within the content is the same for different destinations
- Some adjacent links point to the same destination
- Some form controls do not have text labels
- Some navigation links are not written as lists
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format or have any feedback, please email us at email@example.com
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please use our contact us page.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
City of Durham Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with The Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- PDFs: some PDFs are not machine readable, failing success criterion 1.1.1
- PDFs: some are missing headings or headings do not cascade correctly, which fails success criterion 1.1.3
- PDFs: some are not tagged, which fails success criterion 1.1.3
- PDFs: some do not have a title or the titles are weak, failing success criterion 2.4.2
- PDFs: some PDFs do not specify a default language, failing success criterion 3.1.1
- Link Purpose: some of the link text within the content is the same for different destinations, failing success criterion 2.4.4
- Link Purpose: some adjacent links point to the same destination, failing success criterion 1.1.1
- Link Purpose: some navigation are not written as lists, failing success criterion 1.3.1
- Background colours: some text / background colours do not have enough contrast, failing success criterion 1.4.3
- Forms: some form controls do not have text labels failing success criterion 1.3.1
We are aware of the outstanding issues on this website and we plan to review them by September 2023.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- PDFs/documents (pre September 2018): The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
- Pre-recorded audio and video published before 23 September 2020.
- Live audio and video.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 27 February 2020. It was last reviewed on 23 September 2022 by Durham County Council.